weaving. . .

Weaving a little fun into lunch. . .


A little fun goes a very long way when it comes to getting people of a certain height to actually eat something.
My kids aren't picky, just very unmotivated eaters. Adding a little "fancy" to their meals makes them disappear much faster and
helps me stay sane. No begging, pleading or threats of "no dessert" necessary.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Easy Peezy. . .

. . .Lemon Squeezy.

Lunch 57


Lunch: Mini bagel with cream cheese, carrots, half an apple and grapes
Snacks: Mini muffins (blueberry and pumpkin), popcorn and a banana
Drinks: Juice and chocolate milk


It's the little things in life that makes it all run more smoothly!


These are snapshots of the inside of my kids' dresser drawers. These are actual photos of what they look like at any given moment. Not perfect, rifled though, yet still organized.  
     I see all the time in organizing type articles the mention of rotating clothes in kid drawers so that things don't get forgotten at the bottom and outgrown before it gets worn. It's beginning to dawn on me that not everyone stores clothes like I do. This may be old hat to some of you, but it makes my life so much more sane. Maybe it'll help someone else out there!
    All their clothes get stored so that every shirt in the stack is visible. Basically the piles are stored horizontally. We have long sleeved shirts in the first row, followed by short sleeved, tank tops and then pjs. I can fit a ton more in each drawer this way and they can easily find the item they are looking for, without pulling the whole thing apart. I fold all these according to how deep the space is. I do the same thing for pants, sweatshirts and leggings. Fold them to fit the space length wise and stack them on their sides. Socks, tights and underwear have their own baskets in the closets and everything else gets hung up. 


This system works really well when I actually manage to keep up with the laundry folding!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment