weaving. . .

Weaving a little fun into lunch. . .


A little fun goes a very long way when it comes to getting people of a certain height to actually eat something.
My kids aren't picky, just very unmotivated eaters. Adding a little "fancy" to their meals makes them disappear much faster and
helps me stay sane. No begging, pleading or threats of "no dessert" necessary.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Gingerbread Houses and Lunch 55

We make gingerbread houses every year. It is one of my most treasured traditions. This year (in december) we made mini ones for my daughter's kindergarten class. The surprise of the year, she built them all by herself! Never underestimate what a 5 year old can do with a pastry bag! I was so impressed with her. Her little sister was in charge of selecting the matching pairs of cookies.


They made such a great team! I was pretty much only supervising!


The finished project! After they were dry, I filled in any gaps so they would be nice and strong and packed them up for school the next day. I brought in colored and "glue" frosting and little foil covered bases for the houses and the other families provided the candy! Everything was all set up when I got there, thanks to her awesome teacher. The kids did an amazing job decorating their houses and I had so much fun watching them do it! They also decorated extras to give as gifts to their special teachers (music, art ect). I am so glad I was able to share my little tradition with the class. 






Lunch 55


Lunch: Mini bagel with cream cheese, pretzels and fruit snack pieces in the bottom half.  Honey crisp apple, grapes and carrot "coins" in the top bento tier. 
Snacks:  A banana and goldfish crackers with a string cheese stick.
Drinks: Chocolate milk, watered down juice.
Friend: A little jaguar.

No comments:

Post a Comment