weaving. . .

Weaving a little fun into lunch. . .


A little fun goes a very long way when it comes to getting people of a certain height to actually eat something.
My kids aren't picky, just very unmotivated eaters. Adding a little "fancy" to their meals makes them disappear much faster and
helps me stay sane. No begging, pleading or threats of "no dessert" necessary.

Friday, November 11, 2011

My Wish and Scones!!!

I am the type of person who sees 11:11 on a clock and makes a wish. I always wish for the same thing. Every time. I won't seek it out intentionally, but if I happen to be passing a clock and it happens to say that, I can't resist. So today, 11-11-11 at 11:11 am, I'll post this one with my usual wish, just for fun!

My kiddos have been sick. That means they won't eat much at all. Ever. For days.
As a parent of children that follow me like puppies into the kitchen and hound me all day for snacks, it's pretty unsettling to find the only thing you thought they ate (crackers) underneath them on the couch as they doze in a feverish, cracker crumb covered, lump.
So, I brought out my secret weapon today. . . baking.
Alas, it didn't completely do the trick. They each ate a little, which is a massive improvement from nothing, but I will need my most powerful trick. Pumpkin pie! Minus the crust and ignoring the sugar, it's actually pretty healthy stuff (protein, calcium, fiber, vitamins) and I have never seen my kids refuse it! No matter how sick, they will pack it down. So, that's what's for dessert tonight. Hopefully I can get something else into them (like soup or a sandwich) first.


Now these beauties are amazing. I drizzled on some maple-vanilla glaze. So good. Maple Oat Scones mix from King Arthur Flour Company. The mix was a gift from a wonderful person and this post goes out to her!!! Thank you for all that you do!

My Wish: I wish for health and happiness to my family and loved ones. May their lives be filled with joy and laughter, good health and good fortune.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, So I waited for the exact moment to post it and the blog clock is wrong somehow! By 42 minutes! Oh well. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I totally do the same. Actaully I wish if I walk by the clock and it says the same time. (ie. 12:12, 1:11..and so forth!) I'm a werido I know!

    ReplyDelete