weaving. . .

Weaving a little fun into lunch. . .


A little fun goes a very long way when it comes to getting people of a certain height to actually eat something.
My kids aren't picky, just very unmotivated eaters. Adding a little "fancy" to their meals makes them disappear much faster and
helps me stay sane. No begging, pleading or threats of "no dessert" necessary.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Lunch 25

Hot Lunch Experiment


Lunch: Whole wheat pasta with home made turkey meatballs and parmesan cheese.
Garlic buttered bread. Stitch toy for company. Juice.
Snacks: Mini pumpkin muffins and a banana.
Chocolate milk from school.

Our first attempt at packing a hot lunch went pretty well. It was crazy cold even for this area this morning. The grass and car had a layer of frost. I ditched my plans for a cold lunch and put on a pot of pasta at 5:30 am. This smelled amazing. Garlicky with a touch of butter to keep it from feeling dry. I pulled the meat balls from the freezer, chopped them up and tossed them in with the seasonings and made sure they got nice and hot. I packed it all up in a pre-warmed, pink trimmed thermos and sent her on her way. She said it was still pretty hot at lunch. "Almost had to blow on it" hot. Yay.

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say thanks for the great ideas! I have a 10 month old who is starting to refuse baby food, and I'm going to steal some of your ideas (modified for a 10 month old of course)! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Steal away! My 10 month old gets a lot of the same stuff too.

    ReplyDelete