weaving. . .

Weaving a little fun into lunch. . .


A little fun goes a very long way when it comes to getting people of a certain height to actually eat something.
My kids aren't picky, just very unmotivated eaters. Adding a little "fancy" to their meals makes them disappear much faster and
helps me stay sane. No begging, pleading or threats of "no dessert" necessary.

Friday, August 19, 2011

Lunch at home


Peanut butter and jelly on whole wheat butterfly. Black grapes, carrots and celery. Chocolate (barely) milk not shown.



So, seeing as this is a lunch blog and I'm not packing the lunches yet, I figured I'd include one of our typical lunches around here. I don't do the fancy stuff every day, maybe 50/50. This was from earlier this week.
This day way a major victory. All that was left was a single 1" section of celery! Out of two identical plates, served to two non celery fans, 90 % ish gone! I was very excited. That old rule of offering it over and over, actually does work. Had I just given them sticks and not flower stems though, I'm betting it would have gone untouched.


No comments:

Post a Comment